How to write a philosophy essay
- Category: Textbooks
- Textbook Type: University
- Condition: New
This semester we have a subject like philosophy as the fifth Monday class. They could have put the philosophy of business or something like that to be more in line with the business school. But alas, no one has cancelled our general development in accordance with the nerdify reviews so to facilitate the passing of credit, you need to write an essay during the semester. There are 10 days until the deadline:)
In a bored mood with a note of resignation to the inevitability of this process in my head was born a humorous algorithm for writing it.
Given: 20 topics. 4-6 pages with double spacing. You need to reference at least 3 books you have read on the topic.
- In the course group, many people have signed off on what topic they are taking. Count up and find the topics on which the least number of people write essays. This way you avoid a lot of repetition in your work and the work of your classmates
- We enter in turn the names of the least popular topics in google and look at which of the queries we get the most results (do not forget to use the advanced search settings, so that it does not turn out that out of a million pages you fit only the first 10). We choose the one with the most results.
- Choose a topic and go to Wikipedia. Find an article on that or a related topic and see what books the authors of the article referred to. If the attempt is unsuccessful, go back to step 2.
- Find these books on the Internet, flip through or read any chapter at random (for the especially conscientious like me) and write your thoughts.
And the most important rule: if you decide to start writing an essay at 1 a.m., just pick a topic and make a title page! go to bed;)
I don’t know how much my essay-writing process will follow this algorithm… but I really believe that over the weekend I will cross this long-term project out of my diary)
I hope I won’t get kicked out of GSOM for this post, won’t get a failing grade in philosophy, and won’t take my topic chosen by this method;)